The Family Experience
We have equipped our cottages and grounds with children and toddlers in mind, while not forgetting what babies and teenage children might enjoy too.
For the little ones:
- Both the cottages have stair gates;
- The cottages’ private gardens are within the walled grounds, so your little ones can roam freely and safely, while you relax or have a slow breakfast;
- An inflatable paddling pool is provided in each cottage for use in the garden.
- The swimming pool is fenced for safety;
- The shaded playground includes a swing set with baby swing, a sand pit, toddler trampoline, play house and a climbing frame with slide;
- In the ‘poulailler’ you will find a selection of ride-on vehicles for toddlers as well as balls of various sizes and shapes, ‘boule’ sets, croquet, swing-ball and other garden games and toys;
- Each cottage has a TV receiving most BBC and ITV channels, including CBeebies and CBBC, as well as a DVD player. We have an extensive library of DVDs suitable for children of all ages;
- The kitchens have all the equipment necessary to make and store baby food (hand-held blender, Tupperware containers) as well as plastic bowls, plates, cups and cutlery and high chairs;
- We provide information on child-friendly restaurants and the many tourist attractions in the area;
- We have a selection of buckets and spades and other beach toys for your use;
- We are more than happy to do some basic shopping for you before your arrival.
You can pack lightly
Because we offer (free of charge):
- cots (with proper mattresses) and 100% cotton bedding;
- high chairs and booster seats;
- bouncy chairs and a playmat;
- baby monitors, potties, changing mats, step stools;
- a bottle sterilizer and breast-feeding pillow;
- plastic cutlery, cups, bowls and plates;
- an umbrella-folding buggy;
- child seats which fit on our adult bicycles and a double ‘baby taxi’ or bike trailer.
There is a mini supermarket just around the corner where you can stock up on nappies, wipes and baby food (it’s even open on Sunday mornings!), or we can arrange for an initial supply of items to be waiting for you, so there is really no need to pack much and you can easily fly here (to Carcassonne, Toulouse, Girona or Beziers airports).
For the older ones we offer:
- Selection of DVDs
- The gardens have
- 4m Springfree™ trampoline,
- outdoor table tennis,
- Various other outdoor games (rounders bats, balls, Bat & Trap, giant Jenga, Nerfs, Frisbees etc.)
- Boules sets
- Mountain Bikes in a range of sizes (including helmets)
If your children are not yet of school-age you can enjoy the quieter times here in May, June, September and October; it is an excellent time for tired parents to relax in the pleasant warmth and unmatchable charm of our corner of paradise.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family and hope you enjoy your family holiday at Domaine les Hirondelles.